Download the Greene County Manufacturing Directory PDF Version, Click here.
Manufacturing provides the majority of Paragould’s industrial base, and is centered around metal fabrication, automotive parts, and plastics. Major manufacturers in the community include American Railcar Industries (two Greene County plants, employing more than 1,500 people), manufacturing rail cars; and Tenneco, Inc., manufacturing shock absorbers and struts, employing more than 1,200 people.
Paragould’s location at the junction of two major U.S. highways positions it well for regional distribution throughout the Northeast Arkansas, Southeast Missouri and West Tennessee area. Distribution operations in Greene County include Elder Manufacturing, distribution center for school uniforms; Lakeside Metal Specialties, international sourcing and warehousing for specialty metals; Smith Drug Co., pharmaceutical distribution; Sunrise Distribution, soft drinks; Turner Holdings, dairy products, fruit juices and ice cream.
Telecommunications and information technology also comprise a growing sector of Paragould’s industrial base, with long-time employer Teleflora employing more than 200 people. Flower Shop Network Inc. also provides online floral services, Atwill Media designing websites and Cyient, Inc. also specializes in telecommunications.
Greene County continues to have a strong agricultural presence, and in addition to the traditional row crops and livestock, Coldstream Fisheries, Kueter Fish Farm and Pillow Fish Farm are commercial producers of goldfish, minnows and catfish.
Along with recruiting new industry, Paragould focuses on service and support to its existing industrial community with a full Business Retention and Expansion program. Activities of the program include:
- Existing Business Visits
- Facilitate quarterly meetings with industry leaders
- Facilitate monthly meetings with specialized sectors of industry
- Industry in Education – Annual presentation by industry to high school students regarding employment opportunities in industrial sector
- Host Education/Industry/Greene County Industrial Training Center representatives quarterly to discuss workforce development
- Host annual career expo showcasing careers in industry
- Annual Chamber Showcase offering industry an opportunity to network with other businesses and educate the public on employment opportunities
- Provide information on tax incentives and grant programs
- Information on meeting the training needs of industry with Greene County Industrial Training Consortium and Arkansas Department of Economic Development
The Greene County Industrial Training Center is guided by the leadership of the Greene County Industrial Training Consortium and is constantly striving to advance the training and education of the local work force. The council ensures that the training center has the appropriate training facilities and programs in place to satisfy the needs of the local industries and businesses.