Josh Agee - Mayor
Phone: (870) 239-7510
Address: 301 West Court Street Paragould, AR 72451
The Mayor may appoint:
Parks and Recreation
- Presides over the meetings of the council.
- May vote when his vote is needed to pass any ordinance, bylaw, resolution or motion.
- After passing a special ordinance, the Mayor has the authority to call the council into session for a special meeting.
- Required to sign all ordinances, resolutions and city council minutes.
- May introduce ordinances and resolutions and recommend policy.
- May veto any ordinance, resolution, or order adopted by the council. Councils may override the veto by 2/3 vote of the total membership of the council.
- Required to submit a budget to the city council for approval on or before December 1 of each year. He must submit to the council within 30 days after the end of each fiscal year a complete financial report on administration and financial activities of the city during the previous year (State of the City report).
- Administers the day-to-day activities and supervises the city department heads and officers.
- Has the right to appoint the police chief and fire chief.
- Unless otherwise provided by the state law, Mayors in all cities with Mayor council form of government have the power to appoint and remove department heads. (City councils have the authority to override the Mayor’s action by 2/3 vote of all members)